Humble Bundle – Monthly Release of Humble Choice for June 2022
Games for this month of June 2022. if you wish to subscribe click here humble choice subscription.
Boarhut Gaming is a partner of HumbleBundle. Affiliate referrals will support the site.
|Game||Genres||Reviews||Steam Price *1||Historical Low *2||HLTB *3||Platforms *1||Features *4|
|Phoenix Point Year One Edition||Turn-Based, Strategy||72% of 3,143||$29.99||$10.99||27 h||Win, Mac||C, A, D:P|
|Star Wars: Squadrons||Flight, Space-Sim, Action||71% of 19,798||$39.99||$9.99||9 h||Win||C, A, D:V|
|Call of the Sea||Adventure, Puzzle||90% of 1,995||$19.99||$8.90||6 h||Win||A|
|Gamedec||CRPG, Detective, Cyberpunk||81% of 558||$29.99||$17.99||11 h||Win||C, A|
|Pumpkin Jack||3D Platformer, Action-Adventure||93% of 2,814||$29.99||$9.68||4.5 h||Win||C, A, D:V|
|Siege Survival: Gloria Victis||Survival, Management, ImmSim||83% of 780||$24.99||$12.49||9.5 h||Win||C, A, D:P|
|I am Fish||3D Platformer||77% of 744||$19.99||$6.40||5.5 h||Win||C, A, D:V|
|SUPERHOT: MIND CONTROL DELETE||Shooter, Time Manipulation||86% of 6.491||$24.99||$7.24 (free)||6.5 h||Win, Mac, Linux||A, D:V|
(*1) Data from SteamDB
(*2) Historical Low price for Steam version of the game and from official retailers only.
(*3) How many hours does it take to beat story, only where applicable. Data from https://howlongtobeat.com – may be inacurate for games with very few entries
(*4) Steam Features: “C” = cards, “A” = achievements, “D” = deck compatibility – where “V” = verified and “P” = playable
STAR WARS SQUADRONS
Master the art of starfighter combat in the authentic piloting experience Star Wars™: Squadrons. Buckle up and feel the adrenaline of first-person multiplayer space dogfights alongside your squadron. Pilots who enlist will step into the cockpits of starfighters from both the New Republic and Imperial fleets and fight in strategic 5 vs. 5 space battles. Modify your starfighter and adjust the composition of your squadron to suit varying playstyles and crush the opposition. Pilots will triumph as a team and complete tactical objectives across known and never-before-seen battlefields, including the gas giant of Yavin Prime and the shattered moon of Galitan.
Take control of starfighters such as the X-wing and TIE fighter. Customize loadouts and cosmetics, divert power between weapons, shields, and engines, while immersing yourself in the cockpit.
Learn what it means to be a pilot in a thrilling Star Wars single-player story set after the events of Return of the Jedi. Seen from alternating perspectives between two factions, iconic and emerging leaders on both sides are battling for the galaxy. The New Republic fights for freedom. The Empire demands order. We need you to join the galaxy’s finest.
- All Wings Report In – Plan skirmishes with your squadron in the briefing room before taking off to the evolving battlefields across the galaxy. Compete in intense 5 vs. 5 multiplayer dogfights or unite with your squadron to tip the scales in monumental fleet battles. Together, you’re the galaxy’s finest.
- Master Legendary Starfighters – Take control of different classes of starfighters from both the New Republic and Imperial fleets – including the agile A-wing and the devastating TIE bomber. Modify your ship, divert the power between its systems, and destroy your opponents in strategic space dogfights.
- Live Your Star Wars Pilot Fantasy – The cockpit is your home. Use its dashboards to your advantage and – with just a thin hull of metal and glass between you and the perils of space – feel the intensity of combat from a first-person perspective. Take off in thrilling multiplayer modes and a unique single-player Star Wars story, which covers a key campaign near the conclusion of the Galactic Civil War. Immerse yourself in the pilot’s seat completely with the option to play the entirety of Star Wars: Squadrons in VR.
- The Mission is Clear – Star Wars: Squadrons is a fully self-contained experience from day one, where you earn rewards through play. Climb the ranks and unlock new components like weapons, hulls, engines, shields, and cosmetic items in a clear path for progression that keeps gameplay fresh and engaging.
PHOENIX POINT: YEAR ONE EDITION
Phoenix Point: Year One Edition is the definitive version of the acclaimed strategy game from the creator of X-COM, collecting all previously released DLC, updates, and additional content.
The Earth has been overrun. A mutating, alien menace threatens the last remnants of mankind. Only the Phoenix Project, a secret organization of the best minds and bravest soldiers left on earth, can repel the invasion and reverse the inevitable. The Phoenix Project looks to you for leadership. Research and develop new technologies, explore a ravaged globe, build your bases, manage resources, and dominate the battlefield.
Just remember: you’re not alone out there. Factions, including the corporatist New Jericho, the indecisive Synedrion, and the fanatical Disciples of Anu, as well as a variety of offshoot subfactions, have their own values, goals, and view of the Pandorans. Work with these factions via Phoenix Point’s diplomacy system, use subterfuge to steal what you need from them, or simply crush all around you with military might. No matter what you choose, victory won’t be easy. Experience the best version of Phoenix Point’s challenging gameplay in Phoenix Point: Year One Edition.
Year One Edition Features:
- Tons of Content: The Year One edition of Phoenix Point includes all previously released content: 3 DLC Packs (Blood & Titanium DLC, Legacy of the Ancients DLC, and the Living Weapons Pack) and a slew of updates, upgrades, fixes, and new content suggested by our community.
- Mutating Alien Menace: Face down an ever-changing alien threat that adapts to your tactics and offers no respite even as your team becomes more powerful and technologically advanced.
- Uncover the Secrets of the Pandoravirus: Engage with a complex narrative, complete with multiple endings that the player can only uncover via several playthroughs. Explore, research, and discover a secret history, as you learn about the origins of the mutants, the Pandoravirus, and Phoenix Point itself.
- Manage Diplomatic Relations: The Phoenix Project is not the only organization trying to reclaim the Earth. The militaristic New Jericho, the mystical Disciples of Anu, and the technophiles of Synedrion all offer unique rewards for co-operation and threats for opposition. It is up to you to decide how, or even if, to deal with them.
- Take Aim on the Battlefield: In addition to equipping and commanding units, Phoenix Point lets you take direct control of your soldier’s shots in combat, with a unique free-aiming system. Target enemy weakspots, weapons, or valuables, or just go for center mass.
- Next-Gen Tech with Classic Pedigree: Phoenix Point was designed by Julian Gollop, the creator of the X-COM series in the 1990s. Integrating the core ethos of X-COM while updating the visuals, technology, and systems to modern standards has made Phoenix Point best-in-class.
CALL OF THE SEA
It is 1934, in the far reaches of the South Pacific. Norah has crossed the ocean following the trail of her missing husband’s expedition and finds herself on a lush island paradise – a nameless, forgotten place, dotted with the remnants of a lost civilization.
What strange secrets does it hold, and what might Norah unearth in her quest for the truth?
Explore a stunning tropical island (meticulously modelled in Unreal Engine 4), brimming with fantastic sights, lost ruins and occult mysteries.
Experience a charming character study of a woman on her quest to discover the truth of the disappearance of her husband and to find out who she really is, fully voiced by Cissy Jones (Firewatch, The Walking Dead: Season 1).
Immerse yourself in a story-driven adventure full of emotion, suspense and surreal surprises.
Investigate the clues left by a previous voyage, piece together what happened, and solve a variety of clever puzzles.
Gamedec is a single-player non-combat cyberpunk isometric RPG. You are a game detective, who solves crimes inside virtual worlds. Use your wits to gather info from your witnesses and suspects, get to the bottom of deceptive schemes, save lives, and investigate the extraordinary relationships between virtual worlds and their inhabitants. The game continually adapts to your choices and never judges – You are the sum of your choices.
Welcome to Warsaw City of the 22nd century. The Tech of the future is so advanced that the term “real” is relative and “life” and “death” have many meanings. Virtual worlds give rise to problems of the human nature: lust, sloth, envy, and pride. The residents of these virtual game-worlds need specialists – Gamedecs – Private Investigators with experience in those worlds who work to discover the secrets and explores mechanics hidden in those realities for the commission of your clients. You are one of them. You are a Gamedec.
Gamedec emulates the nature of tabletop RPGs by focusing on character development through decision making. Gather aspects and craft your unique set of professions that will allow you to lead investigations in a way that fits your style. Discover extraordinary relationships between the virtual worlds and their inhabitants thanks to the gathered information in the codex.
Like in classic tabletop RPGs, you’re given the freedom to approach situations from multiple angles rather than forcing a single solution – the choice is yours and yours alone.
Gamedec General Features:
- Interact with NPCs to gather intel and access different dialogue options depending on your choices, developed profession and acquired knowledge.
- Visit numerous virtual worlds – from the deceitful farm-like environment, through dark-noir cyberpunk realities to fantasy-based realms.
- Use your Codex and Deduction to unscramble facts and evidence to conclude the case. Find your own answer and respond accordingly to your own ethics, integrity or just a sense of poetic justice.
- Shape your Character through actions that grant positive or negative effects – Determine how to you want to be perceived by the other by selecting traits, which correspond to your gameplay style. Develop your own Gamedec through your decisions, choices, and actions.
- Meet various characters in both Realium and Virtualium that can be friendly, or hostile – depending on your decisions throughout the game.
Pumpkin Jack is a spooky scary 3D platformer in which you embody Jack, the Mythical Pumpkin Lord! Dive into an epic adventure through otherworldly landscapes and help the Evil annihilate the Good!
- Colorful Cartoon Setting: Travel through lurid landscapes in levels featuring alluring atmospheres, each crafted with vibrant color palettes, and high-quality lighting effects
- Fight For Your Life: With challenging beasts lurking around every corner, players must master the art of combo attacks; dodging, and timing to survive dynamic real-time battles! Players must unlock weapons and choose wisely in order to strike down all who oppose them
- Don’t Lose Your Head: Solve puzzles that focus on physics; gravity, and reflection as Jack, or ditch the skinsuit and just use your flaming head to burn books; hammer some moles, create paths for magic spheres; and more as each level introduces new and exciting challenges
- Find Friends to Fight at Your Side: Helpful companions are there to assist Jack on his journey, including a haughty hooty owl to guide him along; and a snarky crow, itching to assist with long-range attacks
Dive into an epic adventure and help the Evil annihilate the Good!
Follow the will of the Devil himself and slay your nemesis in an epic quest that will take you on a journey in the Boredom Kingdom, a mythical realm shattered by the curse. You will meet friends along the way, from a haughty owl to a snarky crow!
Discover Stunning atmospheres in a Colorful yet Spooky Scary Kingdom
Travel through epic and dramatic settings, with each level having its own eerie atmosphere. Using a vibrant palette and high quality lighting effects, Pumpkin Jack invents its own unique cartoon universe inspired by the classic PS2 graphic style.
Jump, Run & Climb to carve your own way in Unique Levels
Pumpkin Jack is a classic 3D Platformer before anything else! Every level will challenge you through several themed platforms, all giving you new trials to complete.
Fight for your life against Evil Beasts by using awesome Unlockable Weapons
You will have to master the arts of dodging, timing and movement to vanquish Jack’s foes. During the dynamic real time battles, choose which weapon you want to use and strike at the critical moment!
Face Breathtaking Challenges and discover tons of Original Gameplays
Solve puzzles that focus on physics, gravity and reflection. Inhabit a pumpkin head and burn books, hammer some moles, create a path for magic spheres… But also more! In each level, you will be faced with an action sequence using a new exclusive gameplay!
SIEGE SURVIVAL: GLORIA VICTIS
THESE WALLS CAN’T FALL
Set in the medieval world of Gloria Victis, Siege Survival: Gloria Victis sees your country invaded and your city under brutal siege.
A small group of civilians are trapped in the only remaining stronghold and are the last source of hope for the defending troops hanging on for dear life. You might not be fighting the invaders yourself, but the fate of the city lies in your hands.
Support the last soldiers standing against overwhelming enemy forces and hold out until reinforcements arrive. Build your camp, manage resources, craft supplies during the day and scour the fallen city for resources and new civilian recruits at night.
SURVIVE THE SIEGE
Defending what’s left of your city are a few tired troops in dire need of arrows, weapons and armour; along with treatment for the wounded. You need to keep this last bastion of defenders supplied and supported in every way possible ahead of their battles every few days; otherwise, the enemy will eventually storm the keep. Not only that, but you also need to protect your civilians and your camp, as you are assaulted by waves of flaming arrows and giant boulders.
MANAGE RESOURCES & CRAFT SUPPLIES
You need better weapons, a roof over your head, hot food and all the other trappings that just existing entail; and the only way you’ll get these is if you and your team craft them. But resources are limited and you’ll need to sustain both soldiers and civilians, so find ways to preserve food, develop your infrastructure and use your supplies more efficiently.
SCAVENGE THE FALLEN CITY
Venturing out from the safety of your keep, you have to explore the ransacked city at night to collect precious resources and help the surviving citizens – or exploit them. But be careful, enemy patrols keep watching the streets; you must be smart to remain unseen… and alive. Unlock routes to other districts, enlist new civilian recruits and make it back before dawn so as not to be caught.
YOUR BACK AGAINST THE WALL
Help is coming, but it’s weeks away. And in a siege like this, one dilemma can quickly spiral into another and very soon you will face tough moral choices. The fate of your companions – and that of the city – is in your hands alone. There will be hunger, wounds, disease and despair, but also growing tensions between the civilians and defenders. Sustain your troops or keep your civilians alive? Only you can decide.
TELL YOUR OWN STORY
Siege Survival: Gloria Victis is developed on a game editor platform that will allow modding and community-generated content at launch. Create your own unique scenarios and stories from scratch and expand the universe of Gloria Victis.
I AM FISH
I Am Fish is a charming, physics-based adventure starring four intrepid fish friends, forcibly separated from their home in a pet shop fish tank. Over the course of the game you join them as they swim, fly, roll and chomp their way to the open ocean from the far-flung corners of Barnardshire (the smallest county in England) in their bid for freedom and to re-unite once again.
Meet our heroes! Goldfish – cheerful, brave, and adventurous, a natural born swimmer! Pufferfish – a little slow but kind-hearted who can also puff up into a ball and roll across land. Piranha – wild, chaotic, loud, unpredictable, and loves to bite – obviously. Flying Fish – a little aloof at times but a real softy at heart, with the ability to glide through the air! These plucky heroes will leave no bowl unturned, putting their heart and shoal into the mission to re-unite!
NO NEED TO BE A BRAIN STURGEON
Swim, roll, glide, chomp, flip flop, inflate, fly and bite your way through enthralling challenges. A simple, intuitive control scheme leaves no excuses should your fish perish leaving you feeling very gill-ty.
THINK OUTSIDE THE BOWL
With its idyllic coastline and quaint villages Barnardshire might seem like a perfect slice of quintessential tranquility, but to our aquatic adventurers it’s alive with the very real threats presented by crossing roads, traversing rooftops, dodging deep fat fryers, avoiding wildlife including the cantankerous locals, not to mention fragile fishbowls and the very real problem that fish can’t breathe out of water.
LEAVE NO FISH BEHIND
We won’t dwell on grizzly fish death, but should your fish fall too far in whatever make-shift fishbowl it finds itself in, run out of air or generally flounder you will be popped back to the most recent checkpoint to refine your approach.
SWIM TO FREEDOM
Our four fin-tastic friends will be hitching rides in all manner of ad hoc water carriers including jars, mop buckets on wheels and the occasional pint glass. Cheers! Navigating in each make-shift aquatic vehicle poses its own unique challenge, but don’t worry, the relative freedom of open water is never too far away with inviting fountains, swimming pools and err, sewers full of hazardous materials to splash around in, before reaching the final goal – the shimmering, open ocean.
SUPERHOT: MIND CONTROL DELETE
SUPERHOT: MIND CONTROL DELETE is the first person shooter where time moves only when you move. SHOULDN’T BE HERE. YOU HAVE ALREADY WON.
The long-awaited third game in the groundbreaking SUPERHOT franchise – MIND CONTROL DELETE gives you more insight into the world of SUPERHOT, more story, more signature gameplay. Keep dancing the slow-motion ballet of destruction for so much longer than ever before.
You amass an arsenal of new skills and new weapons. Time moves only when you move. Enemies pour in from every direction. You are in complete control as you shoot, slice, and explode your way through dozens and dozens of increasingly challenging combat encounters. The closer you get to the core, the more powerful you become. You uncover snippets of precious knowledge – of the meaning that you crave so much.
You shoot and slice. You move forward. You repeat. You repeat. You repeat. It becomes a ritual. It starts to mean something again. You take a moment to consider. You’ve been here before. So many times. Maybe this time it will actually mean something. Everything explodes into action. You hope this time will be different.
Built on the foundations of SUPERHOT and SUPERHOT VR, MIND CONTROL DELETE continues to bring you more of SUPERHOT’s signature power fantasy.
MIND CONTROL DELETE features:
- Much bigger than its predecessors. MCD immerses you in its world for days of increasingly explosive slow motion combat.
- More mechanics at your disposal than ever before. Experiment with different play styles, different character builds, different ways to outsmart and dominate your enemies.
- More power to accumulate as you progress through the game. Amass skills, hacks, special techniques to conquer waves of ever more dangerous enemies.
- More characters for you to control and for your enemies to throw at you. Test your arsenal of tricks and weapons against increasingly deadlier, smarter foes.
- More polish applied over nearly four years of Early Access development. MCD offers a more refined, sharper, flashier experience than any SUPERHOT so far.
- More meaning?
Is this VR? Will this be VR?
MCD is a regular, non-VR title. It’s designed for conventional screens and longer play sessions. If you played and enjoyed SUPERHOT VR, you’ll have a blast playing the original SUPERHOT and MCD as well.
That’s it for this June 2022 Humble Choice… Stay tune for the game reviews and more game bundles and if wish to subscribe click humble choice.